The Oxford dictionary defines “nature” as the physical force regarded as causing and regulating the phenomena of the world.
- In order for us to live a healthy and sustainable life, we need to live in a healthy environment. The World Health Organization (WHO) defines environment, relating to health, as “all the physical, chemical, and biological factors external to a person, and all the related behaviours”. Therefore, for us to ensure that we live in a healthy environment, we need to ensure that nature is given the space to thrive and function normally.
- As Bahrain’s environmental condition is facing a rapid and continuous decline, and has reached an alarming stage, we, as members of our society, who loves and cherish this island felt the need to step in and contribute towards preserving what is left of our natural heritage.
- bnature aims to ensure the availability of high quality and important data for all stakeholders including the public so that it may aid in better decision-making and conservation efforts aiming to rehabilitate and restore Bahrain’s environmental state through creating an environmentally aware and eco-friendly society.
- Free access to data is a continuous problem that we and others are facing, thus bnature was envisioned.
- Through this platform we also aim to bridge the gap between decision makers, authorities, specialists and the general public.
- We firmly believe that the foundation for protecting, preserving and restoring Bahrain’s natural heritage is through an educated and aware society – we also firmly believe that we are the generation of great change – with this in mind – bnature was born.
“Let us direct our desire for a better world into the earth itself.” – Carol L. MacKay